We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Any and all personal information provided by you (including your name, contact details, financial information and any other information you supply when you sign up for an account, upload any information or documents to the site, communicate with us or other users or carry out transactions through the site) or that we may otherwise collect from you (including technical information or information about your visit, including your IP address, browser type, operating system and page interaction information) will be collected, used, and held in accordance with your rights and our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We also work closely with trusted third parties (such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services and analytics providers) and may disclose to and receive from them information about you.
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide and administer your account.
- Reply to any communications you send to us.
- Send you important notices, as detailed below in the ‘Communications’ section.
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your information we will notify you by sending a notice to the email address you provided us with on registration.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If TALENG Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Other than in the circumstances outlined above, we will not pass on your personal information to any third parties.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or a third party we collaborate with. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this section.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.